10 Holiday Gift Ideas for Sportsmen
Do you have an angler or hunter in your life? Anglers Sports Center has the perfect holiday gifts just for them. From beginners to seasoned outdoorsmen, we have everything you can think of for this holiday season. Some make great stocking stuffers while others are investments that will truly brighten up their season. Many sportsmen are loyal to specific products and brands so, fish around to and see what gift ideas you can discover. Then grab this list and carouse the aisles for the perfect gift for your favorite hunter or angler.
1. Decoys: It is Maryland Waterfowl Season, and a perfect time to get your hunter something he might not think to get. Maybe he has older decoys that need replacing or some new species to update his collection. Don’t forget about deer decoys, too. Not sure where to start? Anglers Sport Center’s staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We will help you find the perfect decoys to enhance your hunter’s game.
2. Flashlights: A good flashlight should be included in every sportsman’s bag. There are various styles from compact to large, with many features like compasses, emergency sirens, and flashing lights. For the shorter winter days, no one will deny the advantages of having a reliable, easily portable flashlight.
3. Back Pack or Gear Bag: The perfect gear bag will include many pockets and compartments to get and stay organized. In the field is is important to make sure that everything is easily, and quickly accessible. The bag should also be comfortable, sturdy, and stable. A waterproof bag is a bonus, especially when you are trekking around in the unpredictable Chesapeake Bay weather.
4. First Aid Kit: A field first aid kit will prove to be invaluable when least expected. Make sure to keep the kit’s contents up-to-date. It is also a good idea to have a well-stocked kit in your vehicle. If injured during an excursion, the combination of both will serve to create a beneficial triage situation until your hunter or angler can seek proper medical care.
5. Waders: Hips and chest waders are essential in wet environments, especially fly fishing. A good set of waders can last for years. A reputable sporting goods store will be familiar with its products and help you find the right size for your hunter or angler. Ask any of our staff, chances are they have spent a day or two in chest or hip waders and, therefore, can even offer personal recommendations.
6. Knives or Multi-Tool: This industry has come a long way since the original Swiss Army Knife. It seems like some versions include everything handy found under the sun. All joking aside, this is probably the best gift you can give your sportsman. The make excellent stocking stuffers!
7. Camo Gear: Most sportsmen love their outdoor gear and will swath just about anything in camo. This is where you can probably have the most fun buying gifts, plus there are many practical applications for camouflage. Also, don’t forget the splash of orange. Anglers Sports Center has all your hunting gear in various camouflage patterns and colors.
8. Rain Gear: There is nothing worse than being cold and wet for an entire day out in the field. Effective rain gear is worth its weight in gold if it will keep you warm and dry on a damp day.
9. Socks: While socks may not seem like a thrilling gift, a sportsman will appreciate a pair of moisture wicking warm woolen socks. They will need the extra comfort of added cushioning and warmth, especially after trekking around all day long.
10. Coolers: An efficient cooler is a necessary item for any hunter. It will serve to keep your supplies cold and fresh, as well as hold any game safely until it is processed. Anglers has a variety of the best brands, including Yeti.
If you have any questions, ask the friendly staff at Anglers Sports Center. We are hunters and anglers and have personally tested many of the products. We constantly get feedback from our customers and love to share what we can so that you have as ideal an outing possible. Check out our Black Friday Deals. Stop by Anglers today for all your holiday gift giving!