We are your hub for transfers! With years of experience and extended hours you can be assured your firearm will be taken care of quickly and carefully.
How does it work?
When purchasing a firearm online, list Anglers as your FFL. Then fill out the form below so that we can send a copy of our FFL for shipment. When the gun arrives we will give you a call to come fill out the paperwork. Your gun must be shipped from another valid FFL.
You may get a notification that the gun has been delivered, but please allow time for us to process it. We will call you as soon as it is ready.
Please do NOT have your gun shipped United States Postal Service. Doing so will delay our receipt of your gun.
Maryland law does not allow us to transfer magazines with a capacity of more than 10. If your gun comes with a higher capacity magazine, we can pin it to a capacity of 10 rounds or less for a fee of $5 per magazine.
*Anglers is not liable for any damage to magazines during the pinning process.
ARs must be Maryland Compliant. Click here for more information.
Private Party Transfers
Transferring a firearm between two Maryland residents is an easy process. See our Gun Center staff for details.
BEFORE Purchasing a Regulated Firearm:
- You must have an HQL or be HQL exempt. Click here for details. (Lower Receivers do not require an HQL)
- You must make sure that the specific model that you are ordering is on the Maryland Handgun Roster. Click Here to search the roster.
After Purchasing your Firearm but before it arrives here at Anglers
- You must create an account on the Maryland State Police website and fill out a 77R form. Click Here
After we notify you that your firearm is ready:
- Come to Anglers with your Driver’s License, HQL and application number and pin number that you receive after filling out the 77R.
- You will fill out additional 4473 paperwork.
- There is a $10 fee to the Maryland State Police that must be paid by credit card.
- This visit begins your mandatory 7 day waiting period.
After the 7 day waiting period:
- You will receive an email from the Maryland State Police stating that you may pick up your firearm.
- Come to Anglers with your Drivers License and HQL
- Pay the transfer fee and leave the store with your firearm!
Long Guns: $50
Two or more Long Guns at the same time: $35 Each
Regulated Firearms such as Handguns and Lower Receivers: $75